This is the Scratch 3 version of the project. There is also a Scratch 2 version of the project.
These Sushi Cards are going to help you learn to create computer programs in Scratch!
What you will make
You will make a game where you move a shark around to try and catch fish.
Here’s an example of how your finished game might look:
Press the green flag to start the game. Use the arrow keys to move the shark around and catch the fish.
What you will learn
- Adding and deleting code blocks
- Basic motion: move in steps, and turn by degrees
- Using keyboard controls
- Using (x, y) coordinates to position sprites
- Changing the look of the Stage and of sprites with costumes and show/hide commands
- Having multiple sprites on screen
- Detecting when sprites are touching
What you will need
You’re going to need Scratch, so do one of the following:
- Download Scratch and install it on your computer by going to dojo.soy/downloadscratch
- Use Scratch in your web browser by going to dojo.soy/usescratch
Once you’re set up, you can move on to the next step!