HTML & CSS Intermediate Badge
The owner of this badge has proven their creativity and knowledge of HTML and CSS by demonstrating principles of these languages including:
- Have a basic understanding of how and why to use the Developer Tools in their web browser, in particular the Inspector.
- Understand how to use classes and IDs to assign CSS properties to HTML elements, as well as the difference between the two
- Know how to use relative (e.g. %, vh, em) and absolute (px) measurements and understand the difference
- Know how to use the hover pseudo-class with a selector in CSS to produce a visible change in an element
- Animate HTML elements by use of CSS animations and keyframes
To earn this badge the applicant must first have been awarded the HTML and CSS Beginner Badge. This can be shown by either of the following:
- Completing the official CoderDojo HTML and CSS Sushi (Intermediate) cards. [http://kata.coderdojo.com/wiki/Intermediate_HTML_CSS_Sushi]
- Update an existing website, or create a new one, demonstrating that they understand the core principles outlined above.